The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, November 21, 2014

November 21, 2014

Jamie

Inspired by a beta group that I'm starting, I invested in these medicine cards .As I was opening the box I realized just how long it's been since I bought a set of cards! I also wasn't expecting to be as moved as I was by these. I started reading the book and it went straight to my heart. I guess these showed up for me for a reason!


Shannon

Finally starting the colour stage of my Tender is the Night page, and wow, this many steps in something officially makes each page feel like a project! I don't think I'll be doing these for all books I read, but I really want to do it for this one and for The Haunting of Hill House. Soon I gotta get back to actually reading books!



Suzie

I spent most of Thursday prepping my listings for my ebay launch on Saturday! This is one of my favourite pieces. It's a Hallmark Queen of Chocolate ornament. She has sugared pansies (or violets?) on her shoes. I am having fun getting ready for the big sale but my back hates it, unfortunately. Oh well, not going to do this regularly so I'll just get through it and focus on the fun.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Your page looks beautiful, Shannon! It's so evocative. And I love that it has your words too. Very, very cool.

The Queen of Chocolate is so sweet, Suzie! That's awesome you're having so much fun getting the sale ready. I hope your back is gentle with you. So looking forward to your launch!

Suzie Ridler said...

Those look like gorgeous cards Jamie and I am so glad you invested in your spirit with them. :) They called to you and you listened.

Shannon, wow, I didn't realize you were going to add colour too. What a project! It looks awesome.

Thanks Jamie. I worked really hard on the photographs to try and separate myself from other sellers. Make them feel homey and not just put on a piece of white fabric and quickly "clicked".

Thank you! Me too, I am super excited about the launch. :)

Shannon said...

Wow Jamie that sounds like a very powerful experience with the cards! And wild that it's been so long since you've gotten a new deck. I wonder if it's been Omega-centre long since getting a set. I am so glad these are already speaking to you, that's always a good sign.

Suzie I love this picture of such a wonderful ornaments. It's so beautiful and unusual. I'm sorry to hear that the process isn't feeling so good on your back, I can totally relate. I'm sure there is lots of learning and trying and testing with the first go around on this, that's one thing to keep in mind that it won't always be that way. I'm really excited for your launch! And so curious to see what else you have up your sleeve!

I'm glad the pages is reading well, I certainly feel like I am getting to know the words even better as I colour in and around them. Fun times.