The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

November 15, 2014

Jamie

Well, it sure took us a while to put together all of the necessary pieces but wow, I'm thrilled we have everything to start blocking our afghan squares. I can't wait to see how it all comes together!


Shannon

The Day & Ross winter jacket has now been worn outside. It officially feels like winter. Or at least, cold. BUT warmer with a wintery jacket!


Suzie

After our awesome chat yesterday I walked down to the SPCA thrift store and discovered some really cool crafting supplies that were inside this chest of drawers. I found small wooden dowels which will be perfect for making my crocheted dolls. I felt like I was doing something incredible secretive in public going through all this cool stuff. Reminded me of the post I wrote about Robbie recently. Very cool.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I was like, I know that jacket! Yes, it is that time of year. It's even cold here which is weird. Got my puffy coat out!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Lol, Shannon, for all these years I I thought it said Dan & Ross!!

OMG, Suzie... it's like going through Robbie's drawers!!!!! Magical. I think you've invited in some seriously playful wonderful mojo. What a delight!

late add for me.

Shannon said...

The afghan project sure is teaching us lots of steps in knitting, I haven't done a piece-it-all-together thing in quite a while. The blocking has been interesting, I really can't wait to see what it looks like all together!

What a beautiful treasure trove you found Suzie! That looks like it has bounty-potential for sure. I love that the doll is such a mystery in how it's coming together. Very adventurous.

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay for blocking! I'm always excited when I get to that stage, so close to officially being done although I guess you have to put everything together, don't you?!

It's true Jamie, that is exactly what I thought when I opened the drawers, like I was a kid again going through Robbie's stuff. I couldn't believe it. I've been to this store before and never noticed it before!

Me too Shannon, the doll thing continues to be such a weird but fun mystery. :) Wait until you see the "body armour" I found in the doll clothes section of a thrift store I went to! Superhero Suzie the Foodie is getting closer and closer...