The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

November 20, 2014


Shannon

When I posted one of my blue cabled squares on Facebook, a buddy mentioned a Wikipedia page of the blue it looked like (that was "created" in 1961). I never thought of new colours being created. Fascinating. At the bottom of the page, they listed all of these different Shades of Blue. I looked at it with glee. LOVE the colour blue.


Suzie

After having an awesome chat with Shannon yesterday my friends ended up cancelling our video chat so I got to go out for a walk to Value Village. I am supposed to do a coffee machine cleaning post and my coffee maker died so here is the tank of a coffee maker I got at VV. This way I have another Bargain or Bust video no matter what. OMG, it was soooooo heavy to carry home! And BIG!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I had so much fun chatting yesterday Suzie! I'm sorry your friends cancelled, but getting out to VV is always fun. I can't wait to see your Bargain or Bust video on this one, that looks like a powerhouse of a coffeemaker! And how cool is it that they have a testing centre? Good luck!

Late add from me!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

You know, that's how I felt when I found out the colours on paint chips are patented! So Martha's paints are colours that are designed and owned by her company! Though that seems so weird I have to admit I'm delighted to have invented Studio Blue in 2012! :)

I love Bargain or Bust!! What a great find, Suzie. How perfectly it fit into your plans! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, that is fascinating Shannon, the Genesis of colour! Leave it to Martha to copyright colours but she really has such distinct colours, it makes sense. And yay for your own Studio Blue Jamie!!! I agree Shannon, blue rocks.

Love the testing centre! Of course all I knew is the lights came on, LOL. I'm so glad you both enjoyed Bargain or Bust Episode 1. Filmed the second one yesterday! I guess I should keep it a secret???