The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 9, 2014

Jamie

I'm struggling with getting my energy back but was still glad to get out and about for some errnads yesterday, especially because I got to see this little cutie! What a little darling, waiting (relatively) patiently for his loved ones to wrap up their shopping. It was a bit of a cold, grey day but this pup was a ray of sunshine.


Shannon

I was so happy to get some new stuff from Old Navy, and one of my new faves is this schmooly cocoon wintery top thingy. It is sooooo cozy. Never did I think I'd like something with a shawl collar, but I like this one so much I want to figure out how to knit something in this style. And I can't wait to wear it!


Suzie

Had a brutally long day at the car dealership and bought a car yesterday! OMG, the paperwork, the going back and forth to the bank, the issues with insurance because we moved from Nova Scotia… The easiest part of the day was the drive back to our apartment. A totally no-nonsense car with zero perks (manual windows and such) and hopefully will take care of us for a long, long time. Because I am not going through that again anytime soon!

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh Jamie, he's so cute!!! No wonder he brightened your day. I'm sorry to hear getting energy back is a bit of a struggle. Looks like dogs in the hood are determined to make you feel better too.

Shannon, that shawl cocoony thing looks amazing and I'm so glad it's a perfect fit in that you love it and everything. So glad you're feeling warm and cozy.

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie pie and a sure addition to brightness of the day! I love other peoples dogs.

Congratz on the new car Suzie! That is quite the adventure and I'm sure not an expected one but hopefully with that settled you two are sorted for the bigs and now can relax right into Vancouver life.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

That new sweater looks awesome, Shannon. I love how you use things like that for inspiration. I wonder if that new knitting class will help with designing stuff like that.

That's awesome you got a new car, Suzie! Sorry to hear it was so much work. I hope this is the last big thing and, as Shannon said, now you can get settled!

I'm glad this little doggie brightened up your day too. He was so sweet!