The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October 21, 2014


 Jamie  

Yesterday I braved the rain, I braved taking time out of my busy schedule and I braved going to the fabric store by myself! And I'm so glad I did because, as you both know, we didn't have enough fabric for my pattern and luckily, they still had some - though not very much! I'm delighted that I got what I needed before it disappeared! One more piece to cut and then I'm on my way! I wonder if I'll ever get to the point of sewing sequined material like this!! That's motivation for sure!


Shannon

I've been working on reading Tender is the Night for what feels like ages (and in actuality is months). I really want to finish it for the end of October, and I want to take some notes and jot down new on not-sure-of-the-definition words. So I set aside some time to actually do that today, and take an estimate of how long it took to read at the pace I wanted to read. Now I have a plan in action of how much I have to read a day to finish it before Halloween. Here's hoping it all goes according to plan!


Suzie

Our roses are still blooming! In fact a lot of the gardens around us are just flourishing right now. After a long bright summer, the fall rain has begun early but it is not cold so the flowers (and fruit and veggies) are very happy.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so impressed that you got out to the store yourself Jamie, and it sounds like it was perfect timing too. I am really looking forward to seeing the dress come together. And YES I think sewing something with sequins should totally be something to work towards!

What a beautiful rose Suzie! It's like the garden waited for your to enjoy it this year :) And how awesome is it that there are lots of things to enjoy in the garden? That's sweet.

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, I am so happy you got our and got more fabric and are now closer to getting the dress done. Yay!!! And I love those sequins. :)

Shannon, you are amazing. How you can analyze, organize.. I hope that your new system works and that the book is done by Halloween.

Yes, that rose is from the bush that winds its way to our front door. There are roses everywhere here though, people love them and they seem to flourish here. Hey, like me!