The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014

Jamie With the big trip to Auntie Laima's on Friday and then visiting with Dad on Saturday (he was in town for a couple of days), yesterday was a good day for some quiet recharging. A special shout-out to Jinx for her help with knitting!


Shannon

Resting was the plan for the weekend, and this was a common site while I got to it!



I have not been feeling well so despite getting a beautiful chinook I stayed home and the October firecrackers have officially begun and they were crazy-loud. Like jump out of my skin loud and I got it on film. Oh and I ended up working of my crafts room and finishing up like my seventh load of laundry so yeah, it probably would have been better had I got to the Halloween parade. Craziness! BTW, October is the only month you can privately buy fireworks in Vancouver and people use them to scare the ghosts away. :( Me no likey!!!

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Whoa!! That really is SO loud, Suzie! Oh, it must make it so difficult to rest or relax. Though I do have to say I enjoyed the tour of your home!! :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh my goodness, Jinx is so cute! And how challenging must knitting have been with her "help"? I'm glad you got some "Jamie time" Jamie.

Yes, it's crazy loud, never had it like that before. Usually it's just normal firecrackers but this time? Insane! I hope it doesn't happen again and we can go back to the normal firecrackers. Those must have been cherry bombs or something.

Oh good! I am glad you noticed the little home tour, LOL. That's the back of the house which is all mine.

Shannon said...

How sweet of Jinx to help along the knitting process there Jamie, hehe. I'm glad you got some recharge time.

October Firecrackers? What is that about? Did they do that at the parade? That's one thing about living where there is a lot of action... sometimes... the action comes to you!

Another late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

I didn't get to go to the parade so I am not sure Shannon. It's true, the action sure came to me.

OMG, Gobo looks so intent! I am glad you got rest Shannon, that was a big trip, I know.