The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September 24, 2013


Jamie

I had a bit of a not great day yesterday. I think I've just been too busy for too long. That didn't deter me from going out for a run though and what really surprised me is that I felt better when I got home! I used to never take my phone when I was running but now I do and I just love the opportunity to capture a moment like this, when I'm on my cool-down walk, of course!


Shannon

I've had rye bread toast and tea yesterday, and it made me think of Mom and the summer I spent August at her place in Scarborough and had this for breakfast every single day and it tasted amazing. I've been missing her recently. A lot.


Suzie

First thing yesterday I went to the walk-in clinic and got my blood work done. It was very surreal. This clinic it's only $15 but it was very hectic with people walking in and out of the small room. I was nervous about being jostled while the nurse was taking blood and realized that it is a quite personal thing to go through and did not appreciate people just being there. I had to lie down three times yesterday, not feeling well at all. Sucked the life out of me as well as my blood I guess!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Great Cat in the Hood picture Jamie! I don't remember seeing him (?) before! Funny how now *I* feel like I know all the cats!

I'm sorry to hear bloodwork was stressful Suzie, had you been to that clinic before? It's a frustrating thing when people don't always hone into the fact that their day-to-day can be very stressful to those that come into it and need the service.

Late add for me, although Blogger is having a bit of trouble posting it!

Suzie Ridler said...

I love it, the cat spy on your cool down! I'm glad it made you feel better Jamie. That's awesome.

Oh Shannon, I know what you mean. Actually just seeing that yummy caraway rye bread made me think of Mom too. Had a rough day yesterday missing her.

That is my normal walk-in but the first time I got blood work done there. The other place I went to was at a store and it was cozy but cost $5 more and was quite a bit farther away.