The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, September 20, 2013

September 20, 2013

Jamie

Yesterday was a day full of errands, including some emotional ones. I went to one of Mom's neighbourhood banks and it was really something riding that streetcar, arriving in that neighbourhood, like we did so very many times this summer.  I'm glad that a part of the journey today led me to coffee and journaling in a a spot I love in a neighbourhood I adore.


Shannon

Every once in a while I'm on the computer I get this unnerving feeling of being watched. And I AM! By the cat! I'm pretty sure he only has good intentions :)


Suzie

Our lawn was diagnosed as being unsavable so Reg and I have been trying to take care of it ourselves (first photo). It took days for us to get it to look that good.

As you go around the bend, it gets progressively worse. We are focusing on the dandelions and just to get two feet takes me about an hour. Reg was helping but the allergens have attacked his eye which is freaking me out. It is up to me to do what I can to make our lawn less of an eyesore. No pun intended. I can't wait to never weed again.



9 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh Jamie, that must have been odd, hard and so familiar. Good for you for getting that work done and taking time out for a coffee.

Shannon, Gobo did that the other day while we were doing Hexed too, too funny. Yes, I am sure there are only good intentions going on there.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Thanks, Suzie. Yeah, it was very, well, weighty. Eventually it ended up feeling nice as I walked through Kensington but for the whole first while it was just so sad and hard.

Oh, LOL, what a cutie that cat is. I'm pretty sure you're right about those intentions! Though there could be an undertone of "Feed me.... Feed me... Feed me..." hehe

Shannon said...

Wow, that is really something to be in that 'hood Jamie and to travel those roads. I think coffee and journalling is a great way to take a break on an emotional day.

Wow, you guys have made lots of progress on your lawn Suzie - you are so committed to it, I can hear it every time you talk about it. I hope you end up with the result you are looking for, you certainly are putting in the effort!

Shannon said...

And haha, yes. ... good intentions from the cat. I think he wam sdoing his 'silent meow', but I still heard it...

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

My response got cut off there somehow. Harumph!

What awesome progress, Suzie. Are you guys literally doing it manually? That must be an extraordinary amount of work. At least you can truly see where you have reclaimed your lawn and made a difference!

Suzie Ridler said...

I bet it was weighty Jamie. I am glad that you started to feel better in the end. I haven't even been able to look at my photos and videos from Kensington and Mom yet.

Yes, we have done all the weeding by hand and trowel, it's been brutal on my hands and Reg had to go to the hospital today. We are both allergic to gardening!

The silent meow, I love it.

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Reg had to go to the hospital. Wow. You guys need somewhere with less vegitation.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

OMG, Reg had to go to the hospital? Oh, Suzie, I hope he's okay. I hope you're both okay. Sending lots of love.

Perhaps this is a rousing testimony for condo living!

Suzie Ridler said...

Yup. That's why Reg can't be in the military. He has to be able to get to the hospital when this happens. Poor guy. I hope he's OK too. Every time it flares he seems to lose some vision. Thanks for the love and yes to no more lawns!