The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 2012



Jamie

I love going to the movies on Saturday morning. This week, Shannon, Justin and I got out to see Snow White and the Huntsman. I really liked it, particularly the art direction - beautiful!



Shannon

Weekend watching was f-u-l-l. Bondathon continued with You Only Live Twice (had coolness, but was meh'd me out on the sexism), Alien Resurrection which was PAINful, but good thing that I absolutely adored John Carter and then was completely absorbed by Ultimate Fighter Season 14 which is, well, a lot to get through in 1 weekend! What I will do to review things, kinda nutty.

Under Our Willow Tree

Suzie

Took Reg downtown to some of his favourite hangouts including the second-hand music shop Taz. Got some great deals and nothing cheers Reg up more than shopping therapy, especially when we get music for awesome prices.

2 comments:

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Sounds like an art and entertaining weekend for all! It was so awesome to get out to Snow White and The Huntsman with you and Justin, Jamie! Oh, awkward sentence!

Awesome music shopping going on in your land Suzie, did you get to pick anything up? I think I buy 2 new CD's a year, and almost exclusively soundtracks & scores, lol!

Suzie Ridler said...

I am thrilled to hear that Snow White was good! At least visually. I can't wait to see it.

Shannon, the sexism from the Bond movies upset me as a young girl, it's one of the reasons I could never get into them, even though they're not all bad.

I guess I'm the only one who kind of liked the fourth Alien movie.

Yes! I got Phantom of the Opera (woot!), a Hole CD I didn't have and I finally own something by the Dresden Dolls. Two of those have been on my wishlist forever and I know, I never buy music either any more. I wish I knew more new bands. Reg got Fugazi and Rage Against.