The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 28, 2012

Jamie

Tanya and I have missed our co-working days for the past little while. It was a treat to show up at her place today, ready to work, and discover this lovely message on her doorstep.



Shannon

Headed out yesterday for a little summer slash of Toronto After Dark Film Festival with their summer screenings of the Cuban zombie film Juan of the Dead and supernatural/haunted house film The Packt. Itw as so much fun and so great to see so many of my buddies at the films.


Suzie

Other than record Hexed yesterday with Shannon, I didn't do very much. I lost consciousness this morning and yesterday, just rested after our call. My fatigue from the trip is ridiculous but I am trying to listen to my body say, Suzie, you need rest! Boring I know but...

Oh I did start watching Storage Wars though. Makes me feel like we're still hanging out and man, that show gets me every time. I learn so much from it and now I have a new TV ritual. Shockingly, I decided to stop watching Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef. I am just done with competition food shows. I feel much better making that decision which seems weird but is true. Was taking too much of my time, happy to let them go.

3 comments:

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

That's such a great welcome message Jamie, what a wonderful way to come back to coworking!

I hear you Suzie! I keep rattling between getting back to things but then feeling like I should rest too. It was great to chat and catch up during Hexed, I think it's one of our shortest shows that we've recorded when we didn't have a time limit!,

Suzie Ridler said...

Well that really is a positive "sign" now isn't it Jamie?!

Glad you managed to get out last night Shannon and have a great time with your friends.

Oh it's brutal isn't it Shannon?! I feel like I am getting nothing done but loved recording Hexed even though we were both out of it. Funny it ended up being one of our shortest talks. I think we both need a little rest.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

It sounds like it's time for everyone to rest, rest, rest. I think this is something we could all get much better at, yes?

I love that Storage Wars is an ongoing memory, Suzie, hehe. And it sounds like you're really clear on what you want to support and not. Yay you for clearing out those things that aren't working for you.

Shannon, I can't quite believe a summer preview of After Dark! What a fun idea! I'm still laughing at the Juan of the Dead title. I hope you had a great time!