The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012


Jamie

This is the latest I have ever done my dreamboard. I choose all my images under the Full Strawberry Moon but didn't get them on the board until this weekend. It's quite a different board for me, though I recognize all my colours, with the addition of that big emerald ball! I was recently reading somewhere about the power of transformation and becoming unrecognizable even to yourself. That seems really present for me right now, particularly in the woman up to the left. And it always stirs my heart when an image shows up and takes your breath away. The central image did that for me.


Weekend watching and this week I fill an odd gap in my Alien countdown with Predator and AVP (aka Alien vs Predator), as well as On Her Majesty's Secret Service for the Bondathon and Jersey Shore Shark Attack (of COURSE - love shark B-movies) care of Space. Fun times.

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Looks like an action-packed weekend, Shannon! I hope you enjoyed your viewing :)

We're doing the Alien Countdown and last night watched Aliens (Why don't you put her in charge!) Maybe we'll get to Aliens 3 tonight!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Wow, Jamie you can really feel change, complexity and embracing the odd in your dreamboard. That's amazing that it's unfamiliar and seems certainly a time of change and regrowth!

Awesome to hear you are revisiting Alien with a countdown, woo woo!!! They mostly come at night. Mostly. Hmm, I don't know if that's 'true'. Hmm.