The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 13, 2016

Jamie

I know you both saw this photo on Facebook but I had to share here too. This was really what yesterday was about for me. I always find that watching the kittens I get so much insight into life. It seems like every now and then something just shifts in Escher and he does a lot better. This may sound weird but it seems like when something that's challenging happens, like going to the vet or having construction guys working on the house, he softens towards us. It's like his perspective gets bigger and he suddenly realizes that we're a force for good in his life and maybe he couldn't see that before. It makes me think that as we open up our lives and take on new challenges, the old challenges might just become dear friends.


Shannon

Narwhals. That's all I got today.

5 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

They're so cute! And that's more than I could muster yesterday. Been seriously down lately.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

And Narwhals are plenty! I just love them. Thank you for sharing.

Suzie, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been down. :) Maybe we should all book a chat since we couldn't do stART.

Late add from me :)

Suzie Ridler said...

What a wise kitty! It shows that new experiences are actually really good for his development, especially when it comes to his perspective.

I'd like that Jamie. It's been kind of rough lately. I'm on my own Saturdays.

Shannon said...

Awesome picture of Escher Jamie. And how interesting, I guess that when things get nutty Escher can see the awesomeness of how good he has it! It's interesting to think of old challenge being like old friends. How fascinating.

Sorry to hear you have been down Suzie. I hope the narwhals could cheer you up!

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon! I will try and dream of narwhals tonight. :)