The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016

Jamie

It was so good to have some creative time this weekend! Things have been so rocky - first with my being sick and then with me catching up after being sick - it was a blessing to sit down and work on a few art explorations and assignments. Shannon and I were even able to have Art Day this Sunday, thanks to Zoom. It was good to chat and create and think about what series we'll be doing next for Y is for Yellow.

Shannon

I've taken to watching art classes on Saturday afternoons. I don't know quite when I eased into this, but I did. This week was The Story of Blondine, Bonne-Biche and Beau-Minon for the Fairy Tale Summer class by Carla Sonheim. Now that I've worked in the habit of watching the classes, I hope I can also wiggle in a little more time to do the exercises and projects. I hope I'll be able to fit that in this week!




Suzie

Sunday we drove out to Coquitlam to use some of the Montana's gift card up for an early dinner and also drop up in our old hood which was so gorgeous, as usual. Only difference is the little trees are not so little anymore. I do miss the wonders of BC nature. Being in the city, it's just not the same. I'm glad we do these little outings to remind me why we moved back. This was a big reason, for me.

5 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I love that photo, Shannon. I'm finding my art class time is Sunday morning and I love it. Saturday is good because then you might be able to get supplies if you need them for Art Day!

Suzie Ridler said...

So you both did the same class together yesterday? Oh I love the paper flowers! Sounds like a wonderful class, so glad you can do that together. And that you've caught up a bit after life went a little crazy Jamie.

Suzie Ridler said...

And late add from me!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

These flowers are actually from another class that I am taking but we are both in the Fairy Tale class and did do some flower drawing together for that too!

Wow, that is so beautiful! It's amazing that the trees have grown so much. I'm glad that you guys can have some wonderful excursions together.

Shannon said...

Art Day goodness! It's so cool to see the Zoom-ing from you perspective Jamie! It was so much fun to do art day together, I loved seeing your flowers! They are so pretty!!

Oh, my pic is from an earlier day when I was watching a different video lesson for the fairy tale class, but we did hang out on Zoom to do Art Day together.

I'm so glad you were able to get some nature time in Suzie, and visit the old hood. It is important to centre in and enjoy the things that we enjoy, and what makes things feel like home.