The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, April 4, 2014

April 4, 2014

Jamie

Went up to the old hood yesterday for my yearly checkup and was really hit by this building being totally gone. So much has changed where we grew up. Suzie, I remember you and I having such a good time walking through the nursery when you were here. What a beautiful spot. What treasures!And of course we have so many memories from its earlier incarnation. Yesterday all of the change kind of made me sad.


Shannon

Nothing like a super-up-close cat pic to get smiles all around. At least, hopefully it does!


Suzie

The last of my crafts room is packed away. Now the furniture will move into our little library and become an office and my crafts room will become a new bedroom. I won't lie, it was hard. I have no idea where we are going to store all these boxes but for me, the packing is done.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Suzie, that's major. I hope those crafting supplies just gain lots of wonderful magical mojo while they wait for your return. It's so much work to get ready to move.I wish we could be there to help.

Oh, Mr. Man, I just want to reach out and pet his nose, hehe.

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow Jamie, that is so sad! That place was gorgeous, they did Weall & Cullen proud and now it's all gone. Thanks for letting us know.

Shannon, that's a super-close pic, love it, Mr. Man is so awesome.

I hope so too Jamie, I already miss everything. Most of the boxes contain stuff from sewing or the kitchen. I was amazed my crafting supplies fit into one large box but I miss everything already.

Shannon said...

Wow, that's so weird that Whell & Cullen is gone.. just gone. I think I was there less than a month ago and think it was still in part there. I can still remember what it smelled like. Flowers and scented candles and warmth. Totally weird.

Often packing can be the tough part Suzie, once you get that set and away you can really start to transform the spaces. I hope that it feels good to be this far along in the game.

I'm glad you both like the superclose pic of Mr Man! I'm sure he'd nuzzle ya both up in a heartbeat!