The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, April 11, 2014

April 11, 2014



Jamie 

I had such a wonderful day yesterday. I took the day off and headed down to the beach. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing. You could hear the waves way before you could see them. I think this is one of my very favourite spots. I have pictures of it from all different angles, at all different times of year. I'm so thankful for being able to spend time here.
 

Suzie

It's so weird. My hair colour looks purple inside but this flaming red outside. I think I like it. It's just punk enough. Or maybe I want it more. People were kind of tough on me that I look so unhappy in the photo but for me, this was a very honest and earnest self-portrait of exactly how I am doing right now. It took bravery for me to share it and people just want me to smile. Screw that! I am nobody's clown. I speak the truth. Even in my photographs.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I like the colour, Suzie. Interesting that maybe you want to go even more.

I don't know why people think every photo needs a smile. Here's to being who you are, right here, right in this moment, you.

Suzie Ridler said...

What a perfect day Jamie! I love it when the Beaches are like that.

Thanks. I felt very grumpy the more people said smile. When I was a kid that kind of thing drove me crazy, LOL. It's like, I'm grumpy! Get over it!

Shannon said...

I totally recognized that spot Jamie, but I think it's from seeing pictures you take over actually remembering being there! I'm so glad you got out to a day off at the beach :)

Wow, that is a delightful colour Suzie! And I think you look really you in your picture. People can be weird about *only* wanting to see smiley photos. We have lots of emotions! Multidimentional, people! As in complex emotions...not existing in more than 1 dimension (which would be scary!).

Suzie Ridler said...

Thank you Shannon, I think it looks like me too and I'm glad you like the colour! LOL about the 1 dimensional living, that is scary!