The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 29, 2014


Jamie 

Yesterday I wrapped up the new dreamboard workshop for the Full Flower Moon. I was suddenly inspired to make these tissue paper flowers. I just love them! They totally look like peonies. I haven't made them since I was a girl and they were just as much fun as I remember!


Shannon

I really enjoyed watching Cold Water Cowboys, a non fiction show on Discovery that followed fishermen out of Newfoundland. The first season wrapped up on the weekend, and I looked forward to each episode. The people were so real, they worked really hard and it gave it their all. And the scenery was so beautiful, be it of the water, the lad or the sky! I've never seen as many stars as they could show in a night shot. Wow. And of course there was tons of fish! I really hope it gets renewed, would love to see how everyone does next season.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Those flowers are awesome and Shannon, I totally have to check out that show!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I can't believe how beautiful the shots are from that show, Shannon, even if all that deep water freaks me out!

Thanks about the flowers, Suzie. I'm so pleased with how they turned out.

Shannon said...

Those tissue flowers are so pretty Jamie! Way to go for making them and pulling into the Full Flower Moon energy :)

Fishing shows totally have great scenery. Cold Water Cowboys blew me away, whether it was shots of land or sea.