The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 31, 2013

Photo: One of the creepiest Halloween haunts in the hood - a tomb on the front lawn!
Jamie

Yesterday Justin and I headed out to dinner and a movie. On our way, we walked through our neighbourhood and admired all of the Halloween decorations. Other than the crazy rock-n-roll strobe light hanging skeleton of our youth, Suzie, this was the spookiest I've seen. It's a full-size tomb on the lawn and I literally jumped when I discovered there was a ghost inside!


Shannon

Dinner for lunch! Bit of a cheat as I made this Wed but we had it for lunch on Halloween. Yummy crock-pot chicken and biscuits (but used hamburger buns). It was like having the inside of a chicken pot pie. Yum! One of the oddest things I didn't realized I would miss that I packed was my recipes, but this is giving me a chance to find new ones! This one was a Rachel Ray recipe.


Suzie

What an incredibly stressful day I had. Great time talking to Shannon but after that we had the hardest time tracking down a pumpkin and we had to take the car in and I thought picking it up for Halloween tomorrow was a good thing but it turns out it wasn't and I hardly ate anything... I am burned out. I am going to really think of Halloween as the end of a really terrible year and say good-bye to its frustrations and maybe collapse for a while.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow Jamie, that would have made me jump too! That's amazing, so well done. Not a lot of decorations here this year but I am going to be attacking the front lawn soon. I hope you all have a cozy and snuggly night watching scary movies tonight! Halloween blessings to you both!

Shannon said...

That is a crazy-spooky Halloween decoration Jamie! A tomb with a ghost! Totally cool though, it's amazing how much people embrace Halloween and it's so cool you can walk through the hood to admire decorations just like at Christmas (but less chilly!).

I love that pic Suzie, and I'm sorry to hear that the rest of the day was stressful. I think embracing this new year is a great idea, and a great way to let go of a lot of the hardships that we've had.

Late Add from me :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Yes, letting go of hardship is a definitely goal for me that I think will work for all of us. Let's hope!

Shannon, that looks awesome! Rachel Ray has great recipes and hope clever to eat them like that. Oh no, recipes in storage? Well I am glad you are finding new yummy ones to try.