The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 29, 2013


Jamie

You just never know when you're going to find art you like. Justin and I went to Canadian Tire for an air conditioner cover, light bulbs and Command hooks and there was this fetching piece of a colourful cow. I just loved it - and from the response on Facebook, I'm not the only one.


Shannon

I know I'm trying really hard not to get hung up on getting rooted to things like this, but that doesn't mean I wasn't thrilled to randomly see yesterday that I'm listed on Goodreads as their #118th Top Reviewer. I think it's from the pool of folks in Canada, and may just be for this month, but I don't care about the details I'm just thrilled to see it!  Totally a highlight of an otherwise extremely trying day.  Books for the win, literally.



Suzie

It has been soooooooooo long since I have had my hair cut! I went in for the cut and colour deal and asked for a lot of the old layers to be taken out. I plan on growing my hair over the winter so I needed something low maintenance, including the colour. It is a little dark but she assured me it will lighten over time which is fine. I really like it so far. Hopefully I take a photo I like with my new do soon.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Can't wait to see your new do, Suzie! How beautiful to go dark as the season darkens too! Very witchy :)

Congratulations, Shannon! Wow, that is SO awesome! Clearly one of the things that draws you into this world is you are so GOOD at it! What a wonderful acknowledgement.

You're inspiring me to "read a book"! (I'm hearing a voice in my head. Is it The Tick? Yes, right?)

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Jamie! It's actually REALLY dark which I didn't ask for but hey, I'll embrace it as witchy, totally. Hope I can get a decent shot of it today.

Shannon, that is the coolest! You are good at it Shannon and I love that people realize that. That's amazing.

Yes, that is from The Tick Jamie! I am totally impressed!

That cow is amazing, so vibrant and alive, I love it.

Shannon said...

Awesome art spotting Jamie, and I love that other people loved it too! What a wonderful way to share :)

YAY to getting to your hair cut Suzie, that's awesome to get back there and I know it makes a big difference for you. I'm very curious to see the colour!

Hehe, I think the top reviewers is just based on volume of reviews (over quality), but I'll take it either way :)

I'm glad Suzie knew it was The Tick because I was at a loss for the quote! hehe