The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, November 7, 2016

November 7, 2016

Jamie 

The big activity this weekend was heading up to Barrie to deliver a workshop on journaling for Threads of Life, an organization that supports people who have lost a loved one through a workplace accident. It is amazing that some people come year after year as a part of their healing and grieving. I am honoured to have spent some time with a lovely group and truly help that journaling will support them on the road ahead.


Shannon

I love when the light plays with shadows on the wall. I missed seeing the tree outside my window in this shape, I wonder if it's because I moved in in February but that is the way I feel like it's supposed to be!

Suzie

Another dreary weekend stuck at home. I figured out that to get food photos that have some light I had to take everything outside so I opened up our kitchen window, put the soup outside and all the stuff I needed which made photographing outside easier. At least I accomplished something and made this navy bean, kale and chorizo soup.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow Jamie, that is amazing that people come there year after year. I think it's wonderful you were able to bring journaling to them. And what a beautiful photo, that tree is amazing. Ontario in the fall, wow.

That soup looks amazing Suzie! That is wild that you took it outside to photograph it, it looks like it was the perfect spot because it looks gorgeous!!

Suzie Ridler said...

What a powerful event to be a part of Jamie and exciting to hit the road like that! Yes, it looks gorgeous.

So the shadow of the tree looks different because of the angle of the sun Shannon?

Thank you! I worked hard on that soup and am so glad it was a winner recipe and that I got it photographed OK.