The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, November 11, 2016

November 11, 2016

Jamie

Wow, what a night! I am so glad that Shannon and I decided to brave it and go to see Loreena McKennitt at Massey Hall. It was magical - an evening of music, story and a really clear artistic perspective. Not only did I enjoy deeply the experience but it also gave me a lot to think about. Suzie, I wish you could have been there too!


Shannon

The day kind of snuck up on me and then arrived: The Loreena McKennitt concert! I think it's probably been 10 years since I've been to a concert. It was amazing. Some songs I knew by heart, others I was hearing for the first time, and she has great stories of adventures and misadventures throughout.


Suzie

You know you're depressed when you go to Michaels and don't see anything you want. That said, I feel a fire has been lit in me. I am going to get tougher about the energy I let in my life and that includes people and not tolerating things that upset me. It also means being more honest about how passionate I am about human rights and calling out injustices.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Suzie, that's powerful! I feel like you are that pot that is about to boil! You have a strong voice and have always been a stand against things that are unjust. I can feel the empowerment coming!

Shannon, I am so glad that we got to the concert. What an amazing evening. I am still thinking about it!

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh I am so envious!!! I have never seen her perform!!! I'm glad you two both went and had a magical night with her.

Thanks Jamie! Yup, I gotta start speaking up. Thank you for acknowledging that part of me!

Shannon said...

Oh that is a great shot of the space, Jamie! It was truly magical. I so wish you could have been there too Suzie!!

Wow, not wanting anything at Micheal's? That is extraordinary. I think it's a good time for be speaking up, and Suzie.... that is one thing you certainly know how to do!! I will be hearing that kettle whistling it's song!