The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

March 3, 2016

Jamie 

Yesterday was Justin's last day at a job he's been at for almost as long as I've known him. It's a big move, a good move but also a scary move. Luckily Shannon had left a package of Pillsbury dough in the fridge because warm cookies on a cold and snowy day make everything just a little better.


Shannon

Yesterday I opened the *last* kitchen box, oddly named "Posters and Misc Kitchen". After I opened it, that felt less odd because it actually was exactly that! And it had my very tall plastic-bag holder which is something I totally needed. Now all the kitchen boxes have been unvielled, it's down to a few more choices on what to keep and then setting everything up. SO far, I've just cleaned everything and put it in a cupboard. It felt like putting it in the right cupboard would make more sense after I knew everything that I would be keeping.


Suzie

Reg and I went to Quiznos for lunch before going grocery shopping. We had no food in the house so we went to a spot that's in the parking lot of a Canadian Tire. There is also a Starbucks. It's very weird but there is lots of parking. This way we weren't starving when we got groceries and I stayed absolutely on budget and got $30 in free groceries for PC Points. That took all my energy but it's so nice to have food at home again. And in my tummy.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What a huge day Jamie, that is a huge chapter coming to a close for Justin and I really hope it's the start of an awesome new one. Maybe even a whole new book for you two! I'm happy to hear the cookies were a hit! I love that it's like a little treasure that was waiting for the right time, and the time is now!

Ah... Quizno's! I haven't been there for ages! I'm sure that got the bad panini experience out of your hair Suzie! And always smart to shop on a full tummy, good call!

I want to apologize for being a not so great commenter recently, I really got out of my rhythm this week but I think I've found it again!

Suzie Ridler said...

What a huge change in your lives Jamie! I'm glad you had cookies on a snowy day to celebrate the transition.

Shannon, what poster goes in your kitchen? So curious! Yes, now that you have everything out you can really get organized which is awesome.

Oh that veggie Quiznos sub is so good and yes, totally made up for that panini from hell.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Things always feel better when you have some food in your tummy! I'm glad you got some when you were out, Suzie, and when you were at home too!

Lol, Shannon, what a funny box. I can immediately see your tall bag holder.

Thanks for the well wishes! It's a big change and quite an adjustment. I'll let you know how it goes!