The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

March 17, 2016

Jamie 

It was an incredibly dark and moody day yesterday. One of those days when I'm glad to just be at home working. I spent the day preparing for tomorrow's Give a Girl a Journal session with a group of girls in Montreal! I'm so excited for them to get their journals and start this amazing journey!
 

Shannon

What a fun, full day of a lot of family goodness and good news! I wish I had a picture that represented all of that, but I ended up with most pictures of my books which I started to sort though. I wasn't able to do it all in one go, which I would have preferred but also have to acknowledge that it was good to stop. I have lots of books I'm excited to have out in the open and many I want to dive in and read, but I am surprized that most of the ones I want to keep are ones I've already read. I really thought it would be the unread ones I was excited for, but there are way less of those than I imagined. Wild!


Suzie

I submitted my caramelized onions photo to Gastropost and found out that it was in The Province Wednesday! It was a two-page spread and mine was in the bottom left hand corner. This is from the PDF so I went to the store and picked up a copy. There was only one left! So cool. I'm going to try and connect with all the other people who also submitted which I think will be fun. Wow, what a great day. Not what I was expecting!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, what a photo Jamie. That really captured the darkness of the day, we've gotten such an odd combo of weather this March. They should call it March Madness for the month of weather, not for sports! It's amazing to see all your work around journalling, and so exciting to see so many girls ushered into the wonderful world of journalling :)

Congratulations on getting your photo posted Suzie!!! That is crazy exciting news, and it's such a good photo. So much fun that you are going to try and connect with the other photo foodies! Fun times.

Suzie Ridler said...

That really does look like a dark day! So cool, journals going to girls in Montreal, that's awesome.

Shannon, that's a lot of work! Funny you kept books you had read. We can develop attachments, can't we?

Thank you! It was a fun day and so cool to have the photo in the paper.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Whoa, I thought I had already left a comment here. That's so weird!

Shannon, it's so fun to look at your books and recognize some right off the bat. Hello, Harry Potter!

And Suzie, wow, congratulations!! That's wonderful acknowledgement of your skill and the beauty you create. You are awesome!

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Jamie!!!