The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 16, 2016

Jamie 

It was so awesome to chat with you both for stART yesterday! It was absolutely the highlight. Our talk about Art History really has me thinking about how I can open up the conversation and hear more from people!
 

Shannon

All the days are feeling whirlwind-y, I can't believe that yesterday we recorded stART, I got my physio in, and got up some movies on my bookshelf! I have left some space because this is just a select few that I picked out from storage. I also decided to keep one shelf for books read this year and my "project piles" because I will definitely be doing them in this room. they might find another home as time goes one, and I might want more movies out later, but for now it's just nice to have some awesome titles to look at. I wonder if I'll end up watching any of them.


Suzie

After we chatting for stART which was awesome!!! I filmed my video for SmartFood's new jalapeño & cheddar popcorn. I had upgraded my O/S and hadn't used iMovie yet and was frustrated to discover how little I could do now with the software. In particular, I could not insert photographs which I used to do all the time. I lost the intro which was done with photos... At least I figured out how to do the editing but not as good as it used to be at all.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

What a day!

Shannon, that really looks like your home. It's so lovely to see. Sounds like you have a strategy!

Great video, Suzie! I love how your reactions are so real and honest. I'm sorry that the editing was such a challenge. I have to say I love the pic of you in this collage!

Suzie Ridler said...

stART was awesome yesterday and a big highlight of my day too.

Shannon, it really starts to feel like home when you have your DVDs out and stuff for projects, nice!

Thank you Jamie! That's the style I am going for. Real and honest. I'm so mad I upgraded iMovie, what a mistake. Don't have $400 for software that won't even run on my laptop to make real videos. Guess I'll have to stick with this minimalist style for now.

Thank you about the photo too, it's the first time I really felt like I look like me in an image in a long time. Using it as my new profile photo.

Shannon said...

What an awesome still from stART Jamie! I had such a great time chatting all together during this episode. It's really made me think and I keep reflecting back to it. So interesting!

I'm so sorry to hear of your tech woes Suzie (although from Facebook it sounds like they have been resolved). It's so crazy that one update or program change can totally throw everything out of whack! But YAY for getting a video up on trying popcorn, that is sooooo cool!