The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March 23, 2017

Jamie 

This is my view the majority of the time these days! I am doing so much work at my computer, keeping Give a Girl a Journal moving along, starting to work on the book proposal and getting ready for Journal Club! All the while I'm trying my best to journal and do a little bit of making marks on a page.
 

Shannon

I had a long day, and smack dab in the middle of it I spend a good long time in a waiting room... waiting. I mucked up the courage to do some drawings of the people around me but, boy, was it challenging. I felt like self conscious and didn't want people to pick up what I was doing. One of the things that I really liked about it was that it was very much everyday people. I have gotten used to drawing a lot from magazines, online, TV, but those are all crazy super polished people in polished poses...which is awesome in it's own right but it was also awesome to just see... people. Really see them. It made for a very interesting day.


Suzie

This is the only day I have to do any extra foodie cooking and I needed to make a red pepper and potato soup for a post and I got it done! I don't know how I get so busy. I miss food!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That sounds like lots of desk time Jamie! I think it's amazing all the work that you are doing, and so exciting about all of the journalling and the book proposal. Is it weird to journal when you are spending so much time on journalling? Glad to hear some mark making is happening too, woohoo!

Awesome picture Suzie, I am trying to imagine red pepper and potatoes together and not quite coming up with anything. I will have to read your post to find out!

Suzie Ridler said...

That is a lot of time at the desk Jamie! Sounds like fantastic projects to me and trying to get journalling time in too is admirable.

Shannon, I agree, real people are so much more interesting in many ways. Love your drawings!

You know, I really, REALLY didn't think I was going to like this soup but it turned out great. Thought I would get the post up this week but too busy. Ugh!