The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September 2, 2015



Shannon

It's been a busy few days, and today was exciting but also very tiring. It was fun to wind down and watch the Vaginal Fantasy Book Club hangout, even though I didn't love the book this month (and they *all* did!) it was still a lot of fun to watch the hangout and hear what everyone thought. I have had a lot of fun reading the books for this group and playing along. Usually I like to curate the things I do, but this has been an interesting venture into going with what's chosen instead of doing the choosing. It's less responsibility for sure! And I (oddly) am really liking that.


Suzie

Nothing like hanging out at Value Village when the Halloween items arrive. I swear, I thought these mannequins were real. They totally spooked me out but in a good way. I'm thinking of buying a long white wig so I can go as Stahma Tarr for cosplay. Reg is thinking about going as Datak so it would be our first couple cosplay which would be so much fun!

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, I am so glad that even though you weren't a fan of the book you were of the experience! I was hoping that would happen. :)

Shannon said...

Whoa, it's already Halloweenville at VV? I wonder if they do that once September hits, have not been there since last week. But with the costumes you guys are planning, sounds like starting now is a good idea! Who is Stahma Tarr? Is that someone from Defiance? I was thinking about going as Floki because he's eye make up is so rocking!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

It's too bad you didn't like the book, Shannon, but great you still enjoyed the conversation. I'm so amazed and inspired by how many books you've gotten to!

Wow, Suzie, that would be a FANTASTIC couple cosplay. You guys would be PERFECT. I hope you do it. I can already see it in my imagination.

Suzie Ridler said...

Yes, Datak and Stelma are the somewhat evil couple from Defiance:

http://cdn.seriable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/datak_stahma2-710x400.jpg

Floki would be awesome!!! Oh I love it. Although I could see you going as Lagertha if you don't mind doing all that work on your hair, LOL. Either way, Vikings would be awesome!

Thank you Jamie, I thought so too. Reg has the hair already and I saw a woman do Stelma at HalCon and she blew me away. I have wanted to go to a convention as her ever since.