The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

September 19, 2015

Jamie

Yesterday I had such a good time going out to lunch with my friend Annabel. For years we've been getting together once a month but for the past while we haven't been able to make it work. What a treat to finally have a good catch-up out at Grapefruit Moon. Afterwards, I braved going to the music store all by myself in search of my just-right guitar. I went to two stores and ended up investing in a higher quality 3/4 guitar with a beautiful sound. Now I'm ready to return to class this week.


Shannon

It was so nice to get my new computer 100% set up today! I have had it for a bit, but I had to do some transitional stuff and download programs, etc so it took some time to get it right where I wanted it to be. I bet it will take another week or two to know that I've got everything the way I want it, but so far it's working wonderfully. It's soooooo quiet and it boots up so quickly I feel completely spoiled. Well worth the investment and I look forward to using it smoothly and efficiently.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay to the new computer! And yay you for taking the time to really get it set up the way you wanted it to be! I hope you have a good week of working with it and it starts to feel just right :)

Suzie Ridler said...

This seems to be investment day for you both!

Oh Jamie, I'm so happy you found the right guitar and can go back to class with it.

Shannon, that looks like a beast of a computer! So glad it's a quiet beast. :)

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you had a great lunch with Annabel Jamie! How wonderful that you've stayed connected for so long. It is so exciting to hear that your got a new guitar in time for the return of going to classes. Woohoo!

And yes...it is a quiet beast! Now that's what I should have called it, lol.