The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

August 27, 2015

Jamie

It was so great to get back to choir last night. Suzie, I thought of you so much because we sang Hungry like the Wolf! It was really fun. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed it. And making it extra cool was that someone I've been connected to virtually for a long time in lots of ways was there and I was able to give her a big hug for the first time!


Shannon

I am sooooo glad I finally finished Yes Please by Amy Poehler. It was an epic journey, I started last December and had to re-request it several times from the library and had to read at the computer and that didn't work so I finally read it on my phone. And it was worth it! Quite interesting, very honest, and lots of love for the world of live performance and of course, comedy. I barely knew any of the people she mentioned, but I'm sure anyone that watch SNL has a big one-up on me there. Another book read, another adventure had, now on to whatever comes next!


Suzie

It has been so very hard to get things done with this huge fatigue that just won't leave me alone. Today I decided I would rather play D&D than get groceries which we desperately need. You know, I think I made the right choice. Had one last epic battle with Babushka my Half Orc Pirate Fighter before the D&D world at our store. Some times you just need to take out your scimitars and get hacking, even if it's just in your imagination.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, that's quite a journey with the book, Shannon! I'm glad that it was worth it. I've only heard good things about it and it's piqued my curiosity too!

Suzie, I love the name Babushka for your fighter! How awesome is that. I'm glad you followed your gut and went where you thought you'd get some nourishment :)

Suzie Ridler said...

That is so awesome! Hungry Like The Wolf??? Oh man, I would totally love to have been there. So happy for you Jamie and how wild that you got to meet an online person in real life there.

Shannon, you are just going through those books, aren't you?! Amazing! This is one I would like to read so I am happy that all that effort was worth it.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you had a good time at choir Jamie! And getting to meet a buddy you've known virtually for a long time is all the more fun. I'm so glad you are back in the rhythm of going to choir :)

That is so cool you have a half orc called Babushka, wow, I bet she kicks butt! It's so challenging when tired to decide on what to do, but it's totally true that schmitar action can be the way to go. Gotta get some fun and some release in there during trying times.

I've been reading like a MAD WOMAN this month. I don't know what's gotten into me. I think I'm watching less TV but I didn't think it was that much less. Good thing is I'm enjoying most of what I read!