The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 26, 2015


There must have been some rain right before we woke up because the birds were out in full force! I heard a loud bird call and couldn't believe it when I looked outside and there was this spectacular blue jay. I'm pretty sure I saw another one in the tree. What a treat.


I came downstairs all ready to do some work on the computer and what did I find... a totally cozy, sleeping Escher in my chair. I guess he got the memo that I was going into "Inactive Action Mode" today. So I read for a while instead and let him sleep. What a cutie pie.


Suzie Ridler said...

Look at all the animals! That's quite a young jay, super cute. They have a unique call that we like even though it's grating.

Well Escher is making himself at home. I think that's adorable you let him sleep Shannon.

No photo from me. It was a long tough uninteresting day so again, no pics. Well except for stART! That was interesting. :)

Shannon said...

OH!!! What a beautiful Blue Jay Jamie!! Is it a looks so tiny! I'm happy to see it came out to play play after the rain rain, but to bad it was all noisy like, hehe.

Another pictureless day Suzie, awwwww. I hope fun adventure arrives again soon.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

It didn't occur to me that the blue jay was small. Maybe that's why there was another near by. I had no idea that screech that I've heard all my life is a bluejay!

Awwww.. what a sweet picture of Escher. You're such a good auntie, Shannon!

Suzie, I'm sorry it was another tough day. I'm so glad you could make it for stART. I thought it was a really great show. ((bighugs))

Suzie Ridler said...

I could tell he was small because of the Grackle in the photo. Jays tend to be almost 2 times as long, depending on the Grackle of course.

Thanks, I'm glad I could do stART this week too and thought it went really well. I talk to my sleep doc the same day as stART so afterwards there is almost always a change to my meds which makes the rest of my week quite rough.