The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

June 4, 2015

Jamie

Not a great picture (though you can tell it would have been if it was in focus) but it was a great night at choir. We sang Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order. It was fun and we mids had lots of trippy "Ahhh-aaah--aaah-aaaahs." So fun. When I came home I could see Venus sparkling in the western sky. Apparently we'll be able to see it for a while.


Shannon

I know I shared this one Facebook, but I can't believe I inadvertently colour co-ordinated my lunch. I haven't done that since Grade 5!


Suzie

I didn't get through the entire video but did just start gathering colours for my colour story. Also, the quiz revealed that when it comes to art, all I think about is food. Same with these colours. It's all food inspired, especially when it comes to candy. I don't like dark though unless it's black for contrast only. I also wanted some lighter colour versions of the pink and the orange… Different tones of those colours call me but I did not have them when it comes to markers or paper. Would love your opinion! I was surprised at how little I wanted green in there. After I did this I lost consciousness for HOURS! It took everything I had.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

LOL, I love how you both are sharing colour palettes in a different way. Shannon, you have a gift!

Suzie, I think you could totally call your collection "candy" tones. It's great that it helped you identify some more colours you want to add as well. And how fascinating how deep the connection of art and food is. It's a great thing you're taking that class! WTG for working through and discovering so much about you and what you love as an artist!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

BTW, I think these also suit the "superhero tones" that you described when you were here.

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay!!! So glad you got to Choirx3 Jamie! It sounds like it was a blast (totally envious) and I had no idea you could see Venus right now. Gotta check that out.

Shannon, that show you have been an artist for a very long time and love the palette choice!

I was wondering if the superhero tones were still there Jamie. Thank you! I do find it shocking that I am not drawn to natural food colours at all. I also like variations of tones like with the pinks and the peaches. Do you call that monochromatic? I don't know what it would be called. Pastels?! Who would have thought I was drawn to pastels.

Thanks Jamie, my connection to foodie things is just getting stronger!