The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

June 18, 2015

Jamie

The new summer schedule I'm on seems to be working really well. I feel peaceful and at ease and I'm also getting lots of work done. This is a whole new experience for me - and I think I like it!


Shannon

Normally, this is not a card I would love to see...but getting it today felt absolutely perfect as I interpreted it as such: breaking from the chains. I can dig it.


Suzie

Yesterday I went for a long walk to get to a Dollarama I was surprised to discover was in the hood and had to stop for a rest. I choose McD's and found out it was the first day for their McLobster so of course I had to try it. It was better than I was expected. The not-so-great part was the verbal assaulting going on in line while I waited for my food. Two customers were so aggressive, I thought a fight was going to break out. Yeah, I think I'll stick to the little McD's near me where everyone is polite and not super-psycho.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

What a horrible environment, Suzie! Though that's great that you ended up enjoying the McLobster. And what timing - your Foodie Senses must have been tingling!

Yay to breaking the chains, Shannon!! Woot!! Who knew that card could get it so right and be so good!

Suzie Ridler said...

So glad to hear that your new schedule is working out so great Jamie!

Shannon, yes, that card is a good sign and yay!!! Fingers crossed.

It was a frightening experience and one I wish I could shake. I'm not going to be going back to that location. Ours is uncomfortable and weird but people are nice and patient and most importantly, not psycho.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad to hear your summer schedule is working out for you Jamie! I love the promise in this picture. Feels very much like an open invitation to make things happen.

That McLobster looks pretty freaking impressive. Even the lettuce looks fresh. I am glad to hear it was better than expected. I'm tempted to get out and try it while it's out. Hopefully there won't be any customer craziness though, that's not really fun to have to deal with.