The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8, 2014

Jamie

I am so excited to be making a start on my website refresh! And look at what I did! I'm feeling really emotional just looking at this and feeling so excited about what's possible. My intern Kim suggested just the right Wordpress Theme and I have been digging into it all weekend and seeing what I can do. I just feel so proud of myself, my heart is so full and I could seriously just put my head down for a week and focus on making this happen!


Shannon


I am having so much fun watching The Olympics, and haven't even seen any actual sports yet!  The opening ceremony I enjoyed flag-spotting, and seeing the contingents from each of the countries as well as the amazing use of the huge space of the arena/location - but I didn't anticipate them sharing the story of War and Peace!  I still hope to read that one day!



Suzie

Yesterday was video day! I tried Mom's poultry shears on a chicken (which did not go well), I made chicken broth in the Instant Pot (which I think went well) and of course I did the video tag too, even with all those boxes behind me. It was fun and is making me look at doing live videos a little differently now. Thanks for the inspiration!

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, now when I see flags for the Olympics I can't help but think of you and all the work you have put into them!

Reg just finished reading War & Peace on his little iTouch, LOL. I have never read it but have heard good things.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I love that Olympic shot! I'm already loving tucking in and enjoying it all.

Wow, Suzie, way to go! Oh, no, about the sheers. What happened? I always remember them being so kick-butt!

That's so cool that the tag opened up some new takes on creating videos!

Very late add from me - but one I'm excited to share!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, that is AWESOME! I totally love how it looks, it's so you and fun and professional from what I can see. Way to go getting such a great intern that steered you in the right direction. I'm so impressed. :)

When it comes to the poultry shears, I just don't have the hand strength and dexterity Mom had. It just hurt so much and afterwards I was in terrible pain. I had them professionally sharpened but cutting through bone will always be hard, too hard for me. I really need a butcher's knife I guess.