The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

Jamie

Believe it or not, It was our 12-year wedding anniversary this weekend! We woke to these thoughtful  treats from Shannon. Thank you, Shannon! Because we're both not feeling well, we decided to tuck in, read, relax and watch shows yesterday and next week we'll go to dinner. It really is true that the most important part is being together! Shannon and I also got to do some painting this weekend, but I'll save that for stART!




Shannon


I'm very excited to have finished reading my first book of the year with The Spook's Apprentice: Night of the Soul Stealer.  It's the 3rd in a series of kids-ish books and I'm really enjoying them.  I'm trying to keep to the Un-Plan and not worry about how much or what I'm reading/watching and more about enjoying, and so far - this fits!




Suzie

I didn't even go out this weekend so I took the opportunity to do some crafting. I have decided I absolutely need a folding table, I just can't work completely out of containers anymore. I can always put the folding table in storage later on. I love my crafts room, makes me sad to see it this way but I am glad I got all crafty this weekend.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay to reading! It sounds like you're enjoying that series. What a treat! I was so excited to get to some reading this weekend too.

A folding table is such a brilliant thing to have, Suzie! You're so right that you can tuck it away when it's time but for now it will give you great surface area to create on. Can't wait to see what you've made!

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, aren't you a sweetie to get Jamie and Justin treats. Sorry to hear you both aren't feeling well Jamie, what a bummer. Oh those origami hearts are adorable.

Shannon, that sounds like the perfect read to me! I am glad the unplanning route is working well for you right now.

Jamie, I had a folding table before and really miss having that work surface and having storage below. We definitely need another one and when we move, hide it away.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the anniversary treats Jamie! 12 years, huzzah! Oh man,... I should have done 12 hearts! And yay for painting! I had an awesome time art-ing together.

Sounds like a table is definitely in order Suzie! Especially when working on multiple things, it's really important to have space to make it all work. I really hope you get one soon, having a work surface makes so much difference.