The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7, 2014

Jamie

We had our second guitar class yesterday and again, it was great. We received great feedback and, in fact, the teacher encouraged Justin to study classical guitar and that was such an affirmation! This week we're moving from plucking to strumming and learning Brown-Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. I'm so looking forward to it! And you know what's wild? Our teacher shared with us that he's in a scene of the new Robocop film - with Gary Oldman! How cool is that?

Shannon

Just to show not all the flag's I've created ended up being winners.... I've had a fair few misses along the way but I just keep trying!


Suzie

One great thing about the change in our "situation" is I can get out to the library again and got two books out about paper dolls. I still shake my head at this new interest but as you both have reminded me, my art is none of my business.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I'm so enjoying following along with your paper doll adventure, Suzie! I think it's amazing to go where inspiration leads :)

Shannon said...

I totally recognized the Jamie notes/drawings of your new song music pages! I think it's awesome you and Justin are continuing guitar and are already learning a new song!

Awesome news that you can get out to the library Suzie! And yes, follow the interesting and don't get hung up on the why. You can do it!

Late add from me :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Your teacher sounds awesome Jamie! And Brown Eyed Girl is a total classic. Does your teacher want you to do classical too?

Shannon, I love those! The flower ones especially, can't tell what's technically wrong because they look great.

Thanks for the support on the paper dolls and the library!