The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27, 2016

Jamie

It was a helluva weekend! All last week I was struggling with dizziness and then starting Friday I started to get hives! I spent the weekend either dousing myself with calamine lotion and taking Benadryl (omg it puts you to sleep) or cleaning in every nook and cranny to try and figure out what it might be that's bothering me so suddenly and so badly. I'm going to the doctor today.


Shannon

I picked up a few games via a Flash Sales (they always get me!), and I never know what I'll end up loving...but after playing Race the Sun I knew I loved it. It's a flying game has a new course daily, you only get one life and it has a maximum of 4 levels. It's over crazy fast, and I mostly crash into things very quickly. But it's okay... because you just dust off and play again! It is so much fun.

    

Suzie

What a rough weekend. I had to walk all the way to my doctor's office to go to the walk-in clinic for an ear infection. This is from the walk back. Then I went to visit a friend and it suddenly got hot and I think I got heat stroke while waiting for her. It wasn't even that hot but I felt like I had been poisoned. We went inside a McD's and I cooled off and felt better but getting home was rough. It was only 25C but wiped me right out. I need a rest from the weekend but have a crazy-busy week ahead!

6 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oh, Suzie, that sounds rough. I'm sorry you had to walk to your appointment. That's horrible when you feel bad. You could likely have had a fever too so no wonder your were worn out and overheated. I'm glad you had company and the chance to cool off.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh Jamie, that SUCKS! Did it come on suddenly? So you have to do super cleaning when you're feeling like that and are on Benadryl? Good grief! I hope the doctor can figure it out ASAP, so sorry you're going through this.

Shannon said...

Jeepers, sounds like a rough weekend all around!

Wow, Jamie, that's a whirlwind of whizbang going on in the Studio. I hope you can figure out what it was that's bothering you and that the cleaning helps out. It's so unnerving when something like that swoops in and takes over. No fuN!!

Oh Suzie, that sounds like that a rough go of a weekend. I am glad you were able to cool down in McDonalds. I bet you'll be able to know all the a/c places for all of your routes in no time. I hope you can get some rest in after all that. And like... the ear infection too. Rest is important!

Late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

It's true! Rough weekend for us but glad you had some smooth sailing Shannon. On should I say smooth flying? I love that it's a new course every day, that would get me. I get bored way too fast and would want things to discover. Nice!

Shannon said...

Smooth flying it is! The other awesome thing about the game is you can get fun out of playing it for 5 minutes. So many games really need a fair time commitment, but this one is very fast to the fun and easy to let it be.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Thanks so much. No clear answers but a clear course of action. She said it could just be a particularly bad season for me allergy wise. She said that Reactine is a good allergy med for hives and so I'm taking that daily for the next little while.

Shannon, that game sounds like so much fun. You should check out Steam. I know Justin gets a lot of good games there and I think there are in the midst of their big yearly sale.