The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

June 16, 2016

Jamie 

I popped into Value Village yesterday. I have been on a bit of a hunt for fresh dinnerware without much luck. Today though I saw these and though the colour isn't what we would normally choose I do think it is a good match for foods - plus the quality and the feel in hand are amazing. These are made by Bowring and there were 8 for $9.99! I had originally let them go but then went back and got them. Yay! 

 
Shannon

Another early morning moment, this time it was a dream that I drew out in a bit of a comic format. I have no idea why I did it this way after writing it down, and didn't quite get the vibe but dreams can be so odd that it's hard to capture them in any format!



Suzie

I went to Value Village to get some supplies for working with clay and finishing some jewelry projects for the big sale and discovered this adorable stool! It was only $5.99 and barely fit in my backpack. We have been trying to find furniture for the deck but with no luck. Everything is so expensive. I need something I can sit on and work on while using my Dremel power tool and hopefully it will work like a charm. I have been watching Frankie & Grace and it reminds me so much of Frankie, I fell in love with it and had to take it home.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Shannon, I think that's a brilliant idea to make comics from your dreams! So smart! And yay you especially because I know capturing your dreams visually has been a goal of yours for years. Woot!

Suzie, what a find! It's just wonderful. I'm enjoying Frankie and Grace too and I totally get what you're saying :) I hope it works a treat. And lol, I had a VV find today too!

Shannon said...

Wow, what a beautiful set of dishes, Jamie! The mug I got recently was Bowring, and wow, the quality is instantly noticeable. These dishes look perfect for pasta, soup, salad...a world of yum!

It sounds like we all got out to Value Village this week and got some treasures! That is an awesome stool Suzie, I'm glad you have something you can use your dremmel tool with. And what a great price! Fab!! I never think to look there for furniture, but you never know what you will find!

Thanks Jamie!! Omg, it's true... I have wanted to capture my dreams visually. I never thought to do them as comics! Wow. That might really work. Interesting!!

Suzie Ridler said...

So happy those plates were still waiting for you Jamie and what a deal! I love them, they're perfect foodie photography plates. Sweet!

Wow, a comic about your dream? That seems like quite the perfect fit and I'm impressed you could do that shannon.

Yay of watching Frankie & Grace Jamie and that's awesome you can see Frankie in the stool too.

I couldn't believe the price Shannon. Most of the patio furniture there was selling for $50 or higher, I couldn't believe it. In general, patio furniture has gotten cost prohibitive which sucks because I would really like to spend more time on our deck but I have nowhere to sit. The stool will work for a short amount of time but I need a back rest.