The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December 8, 2015

Jamie

This is actually Shannon's pic (I hope that's okay) of our fabulous night out at Birthday Bowling! OMG, it was so. much. fun. We had actually planned on a bigger, fancier place but it was booked solid so we ended up at the local spot and I'm so glad we did. It was so comfortable and fun and Shannon even learned how to keep score the way the professionals do. It was a fabulous birthday with lots of great memories. Suzie, I can't wait to get to the cereal box paper dolls. Thank you so much!


Shannon

Happy Bday Jamie!! This is us heading out to birthday fun times. I didn't notice the poster behind us til I looked at the picture later, and I think we took the message to heart!!


Suzie

Had my last art class. I had finished my painting so I just did some experimenting in class. I am surprised how far I have come with being adventurous with colour. It was sad to end the class though. I will miss it. It's been hard but I went to every single class.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

LOL! I love the poster, Shannon. Who knew? And we really did. In fact, today, my hips are telling the tale, LOL!

Suzie, your art is beautiful. I'm so glad that you were able to go to class and learn and grow so much. Someone's even bought your painting! Wow! I'm sorry it was so hard though. I hope that there will be lots of opportunities for great creating and a positive environment.

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow! That bowling alley looks amazing and how awesome that it's local? You have to do your own scoring? Reg would love that. Truly old school. So glad you had such a fantastic birthday Jamie, what total fun!

And thank you so much about my art. :) It will be interesting to see where it leads.

Shannon said...

Of course it's okay to use my pic...and I thought it looked familiar!! It was so much fun to go bowling for your birthday, and I loved that they put your name on the sign! So awesome. I think I'm finally starting to not feel the effects of it though, who knew bowling was so muscle-using-y.

I'm so impressed that you went to all of the classes of the art class Suzie! Way to stick it out, and even more than that, way to keep learning, doing and gaining confidence in it. That's awesome. I hope you can find a way to keep the creative juice going now that the class is done.

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon! Me too, maybe I'll even go to one of the open studio slots?!