The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, December 11, 2015

December 11, 2015



Shannon

I spent a lot of the day deep down the rabbit hole of researching Canadian Literature. Do you know how hard it is to find something from PEI that isn't Anne of Green Gables related? Way harder than I thought! Anyhow, between looking stuff up I took a War and Peace reading break and had some visits with Scout and Escher. So nice to have cats all around!



Suzie

Was not looking good for my Paladin Citrine! We hosted D&D and she got flattened ASAP and then almost kidnapped. Thankfully her gang saved her and then she blew the bad guys away once she regained consciousness. Scary stuff though!

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

LOVE those slippers! And the cats too and wow, had no idea that Anne of Green Gables has eclipsed fiction in PEI so much. I went to the museum while I was there. Just the lobby, we were too cheap and in a hurry to pay. A hurricane showed up that day. So glad you're having such a fascinating experience discovering Canadian fiction Shannon.

Shannon said...

Sounds like a fun night of D&D-ing Suzie! I think Citrine is an awesome character name, and totally suits the dice you played for her adventure :)

The Can Lit research has been a lot of fun! So wild that you went into only the lobby of the Anne of Green Gables fiction, wow. There is another province that almost all the research I did only uncovered one author. Weird!

Suzie Ridler said...

She is so iconic, I think some people who were at that museum though Anne was a real person! PEI is so tiny but I am sure there were other writers there, it's so magical. I also saw the house where the author lived!