The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Octoer 6, 2015

Jamie

It's been such a busy time! Monday's are rich and full with wonderful clients and another season of Circe's Circle. Today, right at the end of the day, I went to sit in my seat and Shibumi jumped right up and beat me to it. We ended up having a fantastic cuddle and really enjoying one another's company!


Shannon

It really feels like fall when you can crunch and swish through lots and lots of leaves on the ground.


Suzie

We learned a bit about gradients in art class on Monday. I did this gargoyle from dark to light which apparently is the opposite to how most people do it. Go figure, right?! I don't know how much learning I am doing but it's wonderful to spend the first day of the week doing something artsy. I am shocked at how tired I am from the classes though but it is helping my confidence to go. No class for two weeks though with Thanksgiving around the corner.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, that is the cutest photo! How on earth did you take it? Shibumi looks so cute and perfect, like she is a puppet. Sounds like a wonderful day!

Shannon, I agree, love the crunchy leaves being out and adore this photo of you!

Shannon said...

I absolutely love this picture of you and Shibumi, Jamie! It looks like you are looking into a portal of another world and all ready for an adventure! Sounds like cat on the chair will be an adventure in it of itself :)

That painting is awesome Suzie! It's so mysterious and evocative. I think it's awesome you went dark first, woohoo! I love pigment, so I can appreciate that. I can imagine that adjusting to being in class can be tiring, but you are doing such a great job!! WOohoOO!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Sometimes the best cat picks come for the phone's ability to turn the camera around and take a pic of you! It's been so fun to share the chair with Shibumi!

What a great fall picture, Shannon! I'm noticing the change too. The other day on the way home I noticed it's really beginning to smell like fall.

And wow, Suzie, I love your painting. He has amazing personality. Learning shading made all of the difference for me. You're doing great!