The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 21, 2015

Jamie

It's work, work, work here in the studio these days. Yesterday though it was very exciting to have some toys I've ordered for the kittens arrive. I am excited to bring them out, one by one, and see which ones are favourites!


Shannon

I was doing some contour drawing exercises to get some art in my day. I like drawing leaves a lot. This was actually 2 blind contours on top of each other, but the yellow one barely reads. Cracked into a new sketchbook, although looking at this I can see the pages are so thin you can see the next drawing! Kind of an interesting effect, although it wasn't intended.

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

So curious about which toys will be loved by the kittens!

Very cool Shannon and yes, there is an unintentional layered affect going on there, isn't there?

No photo from me. I continue to be too busy but at least we have a dishwasher now. My depression has also been really attacking which sucks.

Shannon said...

I'm so excited to see how the cats react to the toys! It looks like will have a lot of adventure in their future :) I hope you get to take a break from work to play too, Jamie!

Good news that the dishwasher arrived Suzie. Sorry to hear that things have been challenging though, that sucks :(