The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

October 8, 2015

Jamie

Treasures!! I feel so blessed. Look at these treats from Suzie. The earrings are beautiful! I knew they were coming and was so excited to wear them for a video. Then there were surprises! Suzie, the necklace is so me! I immediately found a chain for it and wore it too. And wow, that sour gum is actually sour! What fun. Thank you so very much for these gifts and your generosity. All of it brightened up my day!


Shannon

With doing more videos recently with the 31 Days of Horror I thought I would check my stats on YouTube and was suprized to see that now I have more women viewers than men (60/40). It used to be wayyyyyy the other direction. And oddly, I think right now my biggest stat is almost exactly the same demographic as I am, except being geographically in the UK. Wow. Wild!


Suzie

Wednesday had seriously strange energy. I had nightmares all night, like, it was ridiculous. Then I go out to get errands done and stop by VV to get long shirts. I am already sick of my shirts not being long enough and don't know where my body cozies are ATM. Then, I saw them. I keep going through the kitchen section of my store hoping to feel some foodie connection and nothing but then I saw two things I wanted so badly. On the bottom is a large Windsor pot with a heavy duty base, perfect for making sauces. On top, I still can't believe it, is a copper bowl. The last one I saw was just like this at the kitchen wares store in Kensington Market when Mom was sick. That one was $99. Which is typical. This one? $3.99. I really felt like it was a gift from Mom telling me not to give up. I have been weepy about it ever since. I can make my foodie blog work. I just have to figure it out. Give it time. But I am going to which egg whites in that bowl just like Sookie from Gilmore Girls. I have waited ten years for this bowl and I'm not going to let it go to waste.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Shannon, what surprises there! Fascinating. I wonder what has shifted the energy. Books maybe? Interesting!

And wow, Suzie, that is so deeply powerful. The picture just caught my heart when I arrived, like you could feel the magic in it. I'm so glad there was a sign and a treasure for you there. I believe you can do it too.

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay!!! So glad you got everything OK Jamie and thanks for sharing in your video. :)

Shannon, so cool that women like you in the UK are watching you, LOL. Very meta!

Thank you. I was hoping the magic was in that photo. Oh I hope so Jamie. I think fear about the future is really cutting me down. Time to fill up that bowl with hope!

Shannon said...

Woohoo! What a wonderful set of treats to enjoy Jamie! The jewelry looks amazing (way to go Suzie!) and sour candies to boot. Fun!!

Wow, what an amazing roller coaster of a day Suzie. I'm so glad that you found a copper bowl just like Sookie has and can whisk away to your hearts content. It's so great you found some foodie goodies that make you feel good

I do think that the book chat could be the reason more women are watching (although I don't get tons of comments from them). It's so wild to see what changes and ponder the why!

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon! I am just waiting for a clear day to whip those egg whites! I should also go out and pick up some eggs, LOL, that would help.

I guess a lot of women tend to not comment anymore and I am becoming more and more convinced it's because people are reading via smaller screens now.