The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 25, 2014

Jamie

It was so exciting to launch a new meme at Jamie Ridler Studios yesterday: I Made This! How much people enjoy Show & Tell both at Creativity Coffee and during the Old Skool Blog-a-thon really made me feel like this would be a fun thing to create space for in the new studio. I hope that shared creativity will inspire everyone and bring their creativity to life!


Shannon

It was quite a long day yesterday, but with the weather turning a nicer tide I decided to stop for coffee and journal (and ...ah... have some banana bread). I've really missed going out to journal, and I really hope I can get back in the swing of this habit as it makes such a positive difference in my life.



Suzie

I emptied out my closet yesterday because it has to be painted and stuff is finally going to go into storage when I discovered this! I remember after I graduated I didn't really want to do anything with my degree but Reg insisted so we got a modest frame. Now? I think it's time to get a really nice frame for it and hang it with pride.

6 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Shannon, I love that picture. You're inspiring me to get out for a journal coffee date. I'm glad the weather is getting more inviting. Adding this back in to your schedule sounds like a wonderful plan.

As does getting a nice frame for that degree, Suzie. You really earned that baby. Cheers to you!

Suzie Ridler said...

I love that plate! And yay for going out on a journal coffee date. If it makes that much of a change in your life in a positive way, I really hope you can do it all the time. Glad to hear the weather has improved!

Jamie, I LOVE that meme idea! Are you going to be doing it weekly? I wanted to do a post about my bat but just haven't had time to do the photography. I bet it's going to be hugely successful, show and tell is so much fun.

Thanks! It's funny how I have grown to look at my degree differently over the years. I am looking forward to finding the perfect frame for it to show off.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Thanks, Suzie! Yep, I'll be putting it up every Monday. Sharing your bat would be awesome! I'm really excited about everyone's show and tell!

Shannon said...

Woohoo to new memes and making things! I love the idea of I Made This and I think it totally goes hand in hand with the new site Jamie, actually it's totally brilliant to start something new when you are starting anew :)

I think getting a new frame and displaying your diploma with pride is a wonderful idea Suzie!

I'm so glad you both enjoy the picture, I really loved the plate the banana bread was on - I knew I had to take a pic of it :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Awesome! So I can still join in, that rocks Jamie. I think people will go crazy about it.

It's a great photo Shannon. Totally captured the moment and beauty of getting out for coffee on your own to journal.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh and I forgot to mention I love that little notebook with Tinkerbell on it!