The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

Jamie

I'm really enjoying having Art Days on Sunday afternoons. Shannon and I were able to wrap up the first Life Book exercise. I had a lot of fun doing it. I've decided to focus on learning skills and having the experience. To do that, I've just decided (at least for now) to follow instructor's instructions and see what happens. I'm already learning a lot about technique and also about myself! Art has a way of doing that.

Shannon


This is an in-the-middle-of-the-process shot of one of the LifeBook exercises, and it's wild to look at a stage that was only what it was for a few minutes before it became something else.  It was wild to work on as I've now really realized I haven't done mixed media that much, and sometimes it's hard to trust and keep working on and changing this after a stage where you already like it, but that's how it works!



Suzie

I got out with a friend of mine and had a hot chocolate at the Second Cup before going shopping and picking up some crafting supplies. It was a lot of fun except for the fabric store, where I got overwhelmed and just didn't know where to find anything. I can't believe they don't have heavy cotton! Oh well, I got everything else done.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

You guys did so great with the art! I love seeing the process, looks awesome. I am so behind.

Shannon said...

It's so cool to see your art day art in process, Jamie! It's been so fun to do it together and I love the spirit of following the instructions and see what happens because you never know what will happen!

Oh, the overwhelm of fabric stores - I feel your pain Suzie. I had a lot of that when I was studying fashion. There are so many options and it's hard to find stuff, figure out the prices, and how much you'll need. But you went and you got almost everything which is awesome. What's heavy cotton? I'm not sure I've heard of that. Looking forward to seeing what you are creating!

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, I can just imagine! Man, it's just so much. It's true, I bet when you get everything successfully it must feel amazing.

I wanted to make napkins so Auntie Laima suggested like a heavier weight cotton or linen.