The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 21, 2013

Jamie

Yesterday Shannon and I celebrated our last official "Friday" of the year. To honour the moment, we went to our favourite local Chinese food place and ordered "108." The lovely man who runs the restaurant shooed us away with a free meal. What a lovely gift to receive for Christmas. Thanks, Jimmy!


Shannon

I was excited to sit down and watch a movie, and oddly - this is something I've not done for a while outside the SciFi Surprize Series. I just watched something, just 'cuz. I actually didn't think of it even, Jamie said "Why don't you watch a movie?" and I was like...why don't I? And so I did. I watched Tomorrow, When the War Began which I've wanted to see for years and I really enjoyed watching it and not thinking about anything other just watching it. Not for review, not for recommending, just because I wanted to. Wow. That was sa-weet.


Suzie

I had such a great time Skyping with Auntie Laima and wow, is she ever a good teacher. She got me serging right away and even got me to thread the embroidery machine too. She set up the serger so it did not need to be threaded which I was so grateful for and I am amazed at how fast and easy it is to use. I can see all sorts of ideas in my head now about stuff I can make, it's amazing. It was wonderful hanging out with family on such a dark day and have a ton of creative fun.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's so cool you got to hang out with Auntie Laima on Skype Suzie! And how lucky and thoughtful for the serger not to need to be threaded, that's amazing! I'm glad you are enjoying it and learning a lot and having good company too!

And the last of the late adds from me! I hope to be more timely now :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay to just watching a movie for the sake of enjoying it, Shannon. I think the holidays have officially begun!

That's awesome that you got to hang out and get help from Auntie Laima, Suzie! I told her I'd love to see her make YouTube videos! She has so much to share!

Suzie Ridler said...

That is so wonderful Jimmy gave you a holiday meal on the house, what a sweetie and I love that Christmas tree photo.

Shannon, that is so liberating. I'm so glad you watched something you finally wanted to see just for you. That is a beautiful thing.

It really was thoughtful of Auntie Laima, she figured it out right away how intimidating the machine would be and threading it in particular.

Jamie, do you think she would like to do YouTube videos? She really has so much wisdom to share, it's amazing.