The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

February 16, 2017

Jamie

Yesterday I went out for an acupuncture session with my naturopath. This is really something I didn't expect to be doing (especially getting needles in my hands!!) but it seems to be doing me some good. Afterwards I went on a walk to do some errands (I've got more birds to show tomorrow) and along the way I saw this tiger in the snow. What a fascinating find!


Shannon

I have been a little off my game on working on my book covers / illustrated journal but I took some time for it today and it was really fun to try and re-create this Choose Your Own Adventure cover. The books have a truly iconic style and I thought I would go with blasts of colours and use markers for the cover. I am pretty happy with the results! I got a little lazy towards the bottom, and it's amazing how seeing a picture of it I can spot the differences between the two, but overall I am happy with the mountains, the flying car, and the guy with the binoculars. They all look pretty solid. Fun!



Suzie

The rain is here big time and will be for the next week so I put on my new rain pants and got out for food. Our market had some amazing deals on produce which is awesome because we had next to nothing left. Quiet day otherwise.

6 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow Shannon! I like yours even better than the original cover!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Shannon, that looks awesome. I'm glad it was fun when you got back to it :)

Suzie, that looks like a whole lot of wholesome - and at a good price. Yay you for getting out. That's awesome you have rain paints! How are you finding them?

Suzie Ridler said...

Snow tiger and needles, quite the day Jamie, glad the acupuncture is helping. :)

The pants don't breathe of course so I wore tights underneath. I would rather that than being soaked to the bone with rain so I am happy with them.

Shannon said...

Oh my Jamie, needles in hands - I am impressed with your openness to acupuncture and thrilled to hear that it is helping. I look forward to seeing more birds and of course, this tiger is amazing! Yay to Cats in the Hood - in February no less!

Awesome you got to try out your rain pants Suzie! How did they go? Oh, I see you replied to that. I am happy you are happy with them... and that you got food. Always a good thing!

Aww, thanks both of you! I'm glad you like my rendition of the book cover!

Suzie Ridler said...

I really do Shannon, I think I prefer it to the original!

Shannon said...

Thanks Suzie!