The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, December 19, 2016

December 19, 2016



Shannon

I had several pics to choose from this weekend (which is exciting in it of itself!), but many had spoiler elements. I thought it would be safe to share Lord of the Rings and cookies, because we both know all about them! I actually didn't realize until I put Lord of the Rings on that it is my traditional watch-along while I make oodles and oodles of cookies. I only did a single batch so I was done by You SHALL Not PASS! and could rest a bit. And, y'know, like... get weepy.


Suzie

A crazy weekend of snowstorms and not being sure if we can go to the two parties we were invited to. We ended up at Reg's acting school's party because someone offered to give up a ride. No way we could get our back out of the back alley with all that ice and snow. It was a great party. Reg got to perform music and we all got to watch screenings from the screen study class Reg was in.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Spoiler-y photos! Makes me curious. I love that Lord of the Rings is your baking story this year Shannon. :) And good job getting those cookies done. I'm sick and nothing I have baked lately has worked out.

Late add from me.

Shannon said...

I'm glad you were able to get out to the party Suzie, and get a ride too! Sounds like the weather still very wintery there, but with those glowy lights and a holiday party I hope it feels very of the season (even if there is too much snow!).

And wow, I already can't remember what the spoilery pics were. Too sleepy! And there will be more cookies, that was just the first batch. I'm sorry nothing you've baked has worked out. I was thinking about trying something new but went with the old stand by of the sugar cookies. They really are "the ones" that I make. Once a year, I can do it.

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon! Yes, lots of snow still around here but it was 7C which is good. Had a hard time getting in and out of our parking spot though because there is still so much snow.

More cookies!!! Yes, using tried and true recipes is wise. I was thinking about making our bacon buns but with how things have been, there is no way.