The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, April 8, 2016

April 8, 2016

Jamie

Yesterday I took a bit of gentle time at the computer. I've signed up for a photography class and had a really interesting time thinking about my history with photography and how that ties me to Mom.


Shannon

I got through 2 more boxes yesterday, both of CDS and it's interesting to see that there are different times in my life I bought music...and then there are times where I didn't at all. It took me longer than I thought it would to make decisions and figure out how to organize stuff, but when I got to what felt good (for now), I broke into Just Dance 2016 and grooved to a few songs to celebrate decisions made.


Suzie

Today was our last clay class. I only got to glaze one plate last week but Hot Orchid rocks. I did a ton of fast glazing today so next week when we get our open studio orientation I will have a ton done and still have more to glaze. I absolutely can not believe how much we did and learned in this class. They're having an advanced glazing class this summer and I'm getting my name on the list and so are a lot of my classmates who I really like. Fingers crossed this journey doesn't end here!

6 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That is interesting Shannon! I wonder what was happening when you didn't buy music, what life was like. And yay to Just Dance! My playlist on YouTube disappeared by the way. What a bummer!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I find CDs so hard too! I've got boxes of them just sitting in the basement and I can never seem to let them go! How did you end up making your decision, Shannon? Yay you for dancing to celebrate! I want to do more dancing this month!

Suzie, that looks amazing!! Clearly you have found something that really connects with you. I'm so glad this class has gone so well. Your creations are beautiful!

Late add for me :)

Suzie Ridler said...

What a cool photo, Shibumi looks so pensive, like she's thinking about your history with photography and Mom too. Fascinating Jamie. I think about it all the time too.

Shannon said...

What a totally cute picture Jamie! One thing about photography, you always have interesting subjects at hand to pose for you! It's amazing how the arts ca have so many threads of connections for us to different people and at different times in our lives. I hope you enjoy the photography class!

You plate looks amazign Suzie! Hot Orchid is the bomb :) I am so glad to hear that you had a blast in the clay class and are looking forward to open studio and an advanced class. Really, that is just so awesome!

Ah, CDs. I had quite a process. It's weird to have made the decisions but they are still all here, lol. Anything I felt like I wouldn't miss, I donated. Any thing I loved or had memories, I kept. Anything that somehow missed being uploaded to my computer has to be uploaded. And then I have a pile that I don't feel the need to physically have, but still would miss if they went - those I'm uploading to Google Play Music so that I have them online somewhere to enjoy.

I've had lots of times where I didn't buy music, anytime money is tighter - it gets cut. Most of what I have that is of any volume is 20+ years old now so I missed a whole bunch of stuff. I can re-listen to stuff a lot, and I don't always have a way to listen to new music, I actually had to actively start to buy stuff in the past couple of years and really work on listening to newer music, and I'm happy I did because there is a lot cool out there! ZOMG long winded answer!!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Great process, Shannon. I totally recognize those categories. You can upload music to Google Play Music? That's an interesting way to make sure you always have it!

Suzie Ridler said...

I have no idea what Google Play Music even is! But it sounds like you have it all worked out. Yes, music is luxury during tough times, I can relate to that.

OMG, a chickadee just came to my window!