The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, April 15, 2016

April 15, 2016




Shannon

My (near) close encounter! In the daytime, no less.



Suzie

Another epically long and challenging Thursday with open studio orientation which was so tough! We had to push clay through this mesh thingy and then shape it into slabs. OMG, so physical! At least I got to pick up some of my pretty dishes that I am in love with. Fun night at D&D too but so tired and people are going to open studio next Thursday so I'm not going to get a break from two events on a day just yet. It was sad, finishing the class. I absolutely loved it and realized, I am not good with things ending.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Totally spooky Shannon!

Shannon said...

Whoa, you already had open studio? That's awesome! Sounds like a challenging time, but awesome that you didn't have to spend too much time away from the studio. The dishes are gorgeous, does the lower one have 2 different glazes? It looks amazing! I hear you on endings, I am not good on them either. Not quite sure how to get better at them, but I'm sure there is a way.

Suzie Ridler said...

Open Studio officially begins this week! Last week was the orientation. Yes, that plate has a turquoise base and a cobalt blue finish. Glad to know I'm not the only one with issues about endings. Hugs.