The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 3, 2015

Jamie

There's been so much going on, so much to get done and move forward, that I'm trying to really get back to my morning pages so that I have a time to clear my head and heart. Sometimes I'm only making a page or a paragraph but that's something.


Shannon

This almost feels like an outtake rather than a real picture of the day. I mean, it happened...but ... not really focusing on one thing but rather a moment of the day, a time in the middle of the day where I took a break to watch some Star Trek and was entertained by the cats running around.


Suzie

In some ways class on Monday was just fine. What surprises me is how little connected I am to doing nature art. I did some foodie art first and loved that but I just don't connect with nature these days and that makes me sad. I also realized that the slump my foodie site is going through is hurting me deeply. I came home and went to bed, exhausted.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

A candid moment then, perhaps Shannon? Or more of a documentary-style photograph. I love how the chair was decorated and obviously the cats do too!

Shannon said...

Documentary style photgraph, I like that! And, isn't the chair awesome? It was fun to add that to the Halloween fun :) It has since lost 1 eyebrow though, which is nowhere to be found, hehe.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't connecting to nature art Suzie. The good thing is, there is a lot of other things to explore and you might connect to it later under different circumstance. Yay for loving foodie art!! I'm sorry to hear about hurting and being exhausted, sounds like the day had it's heavy moments.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I love that moment, Shannon. It takes me right there and then.

It sounds like you're going through a bit of a creative transformation, Suzie. And, you know, because nature doesn't interest you as an art subject doesn't mean you're not connected to it. I think it makes total sense to focus on what interests you. If the class is doing nature, one cool thing is you can be less attached to the outcome and just focus on learning a technique or experimenting with something.

I'm sorry things are tough with your foodie blog. It sounds like there's still love for it on your part. What if you just tend to that? Let yourself do what you enjoy and what interests you and let the rest go?

Suzie Ridler said...

I hear ya Jamie, sometimes it's hard to squeeze that time in but I am glad you were able to do that.

That's true, maybe I am still connected to nature, I hope so.

It's been tough but I am glad I started my Gourmet Club series. I just launched it on my site. It means a lot to me and if it's just me, that's OK. Although I keep tearing up about it. Can't do my tomato sauce video today if I can't stop crying!