The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 18, 2015

Jamie

Yesterday was a pretty intense day. Hours and hours of working to get Planning Day ready and other work done and hours of getting the house ready for pipe replacement. This is a very intense week. Hanging out with the kittens is a welcome respite.


Shannon

Packing done and the room is clear. It feels really weird to see the whole room clear, and I totally forgot to take a picture of it that way (oops!). I hope all goes well with the drains. *fingers crossed*


Suzie

I have been trying to get over a bad food experience so I decided to make my own dashi which is a Japanese broth made with seaweed and bonito (tuna) flakes. It is the base for good traditional miso soup which I have been wanting to make. This is as far as I got. Hope I can make the miso soup soon!

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Shannon, it's so weird to see everything changing like this. There's so much work to be done that it's easy to forget that this is, in many ways, the beginning of you moving into a new space. I hope it's the beginning of something wonderful.

And speaking of the beginning of something wonderful, wow, Suzie, that's so impressive. What a cool adventure, though I'm sorry it was sparked by a bad foodies experience.

Hmm... I see a trend here.

Suzie Ridler said...

Love today's photos! Seeing the cats and Shannon!!! Oh that transition you are all going through. I hope it goes as smoothly as it can. I hope it's the beginning of wonderful stuff for you both too.

I haven't had the guts to have the dashi yet. The smell kind of turned me off which is weird for me. I might cut it a bit with homemade chicken broth, LOL.

Shannon said...

Crazy intensive day eh? And more to come. Good idea to have kitten respite. And, wow that's such an awesome picture Jamie! I love when you have pictures of the cats and they are like all in different areas of the picture, it's like a game to find them all :)

Wow, I've never heard of Dashi Suzie, that sounds pretty cool and especially if it will late become miso, yum! I'm sorry to hear you had a bad foodie experience, I hope the miso makes it better.

I hope it's the beginning of something beautiful too Jamie! I know it's kind of crazy right now but I think I'm okay with crazy these days.