The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

November 10, 2015



Shannon

I didn't take many pictures today, but I did snag this one of the cabbage casserole before it went into the oven. It's funny how this 4-ingredient recipe (ground beef, cabbage, tomato soup and kidney beans) has now increased to 6-ingredients (mushrooms and onions). And switching to bagged coleslaw is a huge time saver and hand saver, I'm happy to chop stuff generally but cabbages are so HUGE. And heavy. Less work for the win on that one. Overall, it turned out pretty yummy!


Suzie

I finally felt like I had a breakthrough in art class on Monday. I can't seem to paint a landscape but penguins? Yay! I am learning to be patient and work in layers, let things dry and see what happens. I also used masking fluid for the first time which was interesting. The face of the penguin was the hardest part. Still not 100% about it but the class really liked it and the teacher, in particular, which meant so much to me. I kept the landscape very minimalist because, well, it's the Antarctic! It's white, LOL. I even have a friend who is interested in buying the painting. Can you believe it?

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Recipes do evolve, don't they? And that looks awesome and I agree, bagged coleslaw is a fantastic time, energy and hand-saver. Bravo Shannon!

Shannon said...

Awesome painting Suzie! It looks like the class is going better, which is exciting to hear. Letting things dry can be challenging with watercolour, but it gives you such a different effect than wet on wet. Cool about trying masking fluid, I don't think I've ever used that!